Week 2 – Here we come!

Hello Second Grade Families!
I hope that you have all had a wonderful weekend!  It was a busy soccer weekend, for my family.  I have been busy trying to get a schedule together, and trying to post all of our assignments in Seesaw, for the week.  Please bear with me, as I attempt to have this all organized.  Trying to post and schedule for two separate cohorts has been challenging.  So, my apologies in advance if I have forgotten, or mis-posted something.
This week, our class will be split into two separate cohorts M-Th.
  • Cohort A will meet with me via zoom M, W
  • Cohort B will meet with me via zoom T, Th
  • We will meet as a whole class on F
  • Zooms for this week will be 9-10 and 10:30-11:30 (we will meet for up to an hour.). These times may increase next week.  We also may be adding in small group times next week!  I’m already feeling like we’ll need more time!
  • We will use our same Zoom ID and Password, for all zooms.  It is really helpful if the children have their name listed in Zoom.  This helps to provide more security for all of our children.
All assignments are posted in Seesaw for this week! (Hopefully!)
  • Assignments are sequential, with Monday’s assignments on top, followed by each day of the week.
  • Please have your second grader complete ALL assignments for each day,  on that designated day.  (i.e. ALL Monday assignments should be completed on Monday)
  • All assignments should be completed by Friday.  I need to use the weekend to archive the previous week’s assignments, and upload the new assignments for the next week.  
  • Please try not to complete too many assignments ahead of time, as expectations/pre-teaching will take place during Zoom sessions.  
I have attached an outlne of the week for each Cohort.  This is a snapshot of the week.  All assignments are posted in Seesaw.  Some “assignments” will not be loaded until the day before, but there is a space for each one.  All Zoom meetings are posted in Seesaw, as well. Hopefully this will allow your second grader to become more independent with their school work.  This week is a review week for Wonders, and Everyday Math.  We will also be working on our Beginning of Year Assessment in math this week, during our Zoom.  Next week, we will be shifting into our first academic week for both of these programs.  Hopefully easing-in has helped your second graders start to ease back into “school” routines!  I have photocopied Unit 1 from our math journals, as we are still awaiting their arrival at the school.  Unit 1 should take us into October, when hopefully we will be able to do a second pick-up of materials!  Thank you all again, for coming to pick-up materials at the school!  It was so wonderful to see all of you, and many of the kiddos!  We will go over these materials as we use them.  Many of the materials that I included for your second grader are not consumable, meaning, we are hoping that they will be returned to the school, at the conclusion of the year/remote learning.  So, please keep materials like thier Wonders text books in a safe place!  If you should need any additional materials that I didn’t include in their bags, please reach out to me!

As always, thank you for joining me on this adventure, and don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns.