This Week in Wonders…(no spelling this week!)

Since this week is an assessment week in Wonders, there are no new spelling words.  We will be practicing how to take a Unit Assessment.  I would like to take this opportunity to practice some pretty important skills.  By the end of the week, I would like the children to all know, and be able to write their full name, address, phone number and birthday.

I had the children take a pretest today to determine what parts of the above they will need to practice this week.  I have corrected their pretests with the information that I had, and have sent them home.  If any of that information is incorrect, please send it back to school, corrected.  I have asked the children to talk with someone at home to determine what phone number is the most important for them to know.  This is the number that they should practice throughout the week.

I have included four practice pages, for the children to practice this information throughout the week.  If you have an alternative method of practice, you are more than welcome to have them practice a different way.  These pages can stay at home.  They do not have to be returned, but please monitor to make sure the children are practicing the correct information.  I will reassess the children at the end of the week to see if we will need to take some additional time to practice this information.

Thank you all for your support with this!  I know this is a break from routine, but it is my belief that this is important information for the children to know.  We will have some conversations throughout the week, to discuss some foreign concepts to the children, like geographical regions, zip codes and area codes, etc.